The worst is over

You can have the best of me...


Here's another parking ticket case for you to take to court Joel. It's kind of a long rant, but I need to get it off my chest...
I went up to Regina one Tuesday night to visit the girlfriend, and I parked along the fence of a yard that bordered the parking lot. I knew that this was not allowed, but after parking there five straight times, I figured I would press my luck until I got a ticket. I also bet Meghan that she could park there ticketless too (her roomate had her spot), and promised to pay the $25 parking ticket if she got one. Well, as luck would have it, or wouldn't have it, we both had a parking ticket on our vehicles the next morning. So, being the stubborn person I am, and not wanting her to know that she won the bet, I removed her ticket from her car, and drove back to Weyburn thinking I had got away with one. It turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. That night, she informed me that she had a ticket on her car in the morning when she left for school. The problem can be shown better in a timeline:

Tuesday, September 23
10:00pm - vehicles are parked illegally in the alley

Wednesday, September 24
6:30am - removed ticket #1 from windshield
- ticket issued at 10:30 pm September 24

8:30am - removed ticket #2 from windshield
- ticket issued at 7:30 am September 24

You can see that the parking official, with their high level of education and time-travelling abilities, went into the future and issued ticket #1 for the next night. So I see the dates on the tickets, and I call the ticket center to complain, but they're closed. I leave a message, but to no avail, and end up paying $75 worth of parking tickets for losing a stupid bet. The man screws me again!!

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The worst is over | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.